A new year is upon us but before we go too far, let’s take a look back at some of the finer moments of 2014.
- We introduced two new colors to our Trex Transcend® Tropical decking line-up last year – a silvery grey board called Island Mist and the bold blonde tone of Havana Gold that are already proving to be amongst our most popular colors.
- Internationally, Trex earned a GAIA Award, the Middle East’s premiere awards program for sustainable, eco-friendly building products and manufacturers. Out of nearly 200 nominees, Trex was among just 12 finalists recognized for exemplary green credentials.
- Trex introduced a number of new products to our already strong outdoor living portfolio, adding Landscape Lighting to our Outdoor Lighting line, a more durable ADA-compliant handrail, and an aluminum gate.
- Trex® SpiralStairs™ was named a Best New Product by Professional Remodeler magazine. SpiralStairs was recognized for its exceptional style, design flexibility and superior durability in the Decking/Outdoor Living category.
- We entered the e-commerce space by making our lighting products available on Amazon.com. This move complements our traditional channel distribution process while offering consumers increased access to Trex® Outdoor Lighting™ products.
- Trex demonstrated its commitment to our U.S. troops by making a donation of decking to the Global Training Ministries’ warrior transition home in Indianapolis. We also proudly donated more than 1,700 feet of Transcend decking to the National D-Day Memorial in Bedford, Va. The boards replaced rotting wood used to create benches just in time for a 70th Anniversary of D-Day commemoration in June.
- In other awards news, Trex captured three first-place rankings in Builder magazine’s annual Brand Use Study, ranked by thousands of builders and contractors. Trex was named No. 1 in “brand familiarity,” “brand used the most” and “brand used in the past two years” in the composite/PVC decking category. Trex has earned top rankings in these three major brand performance areas for seven consecutive years.
- We also received top honors from two of the industry’s most respected reader surveys – Green BuilderMedia’s 2014 Reader’s Choice Awards and Peninsula Publishing’s 2013 Building Products Brand Survey announced in March.
- In June, Trex was selected a top Washington-area workplace by the Washington Post. The newspaper’s annual feature highlighted Trex’s leadership, compensation, training, workplace flexibility and diversity as key strengths.
It was quite a year and we look forward to building upon these successes in 2015!